Autism Skills Training
Fraser Autism Skills Training improves social and behavioral functioning for the individual and their family. Autism Skills Training helps develop daily-living skills and improves interaction at home, school and in the community.
This program serves children, teens and young adults, ages 2-21, identified through a diagnostic assessment by a licensed mental health professional. Skills training can be done on an individual basis with the individual and parent, with the individual and entire family, or in groups.
Individual, family and group skills training:
- promotes age-appropriate daily-living skills
- increases child’s adaptive functioning at home and in the community
- strengthens interpersonal and family relationships
- increases parent’s understanding of child development and autism spectrum disorders
- strengthens parenting strategies appropriate for children with special needs
The child’s Individual Treatment Plan may include goals such as:
- developing self-care skills in dressing, eating and toileting
- improving social skills including social interactions and conflict resolution
- developing play and recreational skills
- developing self-management skills related to the child’s disorder, including problem solving, decision making, safety awareness and anger management
- improving communication skills
- developing parenting skills to help the child achieve outlined goals, including implementing structure, coaching strategies and behavior management techniques
- improving sibling and family interactions
Locations: This program is currently offered in our Fraser Minneapolis, Fraser Anoka, Fraser Eden Prairie, Fraser Eagan and Fraser Bloomington locations.
Payment/Funding: All major commercial health insurance plans, Medical Assistance and private pay are accepted. We are also able to provide limited services for uninsured Hennepin County residents. Clients may have financial responsibility for co-pays or deductibles. We encourage you to call your insurance company to find out what your benefits are for the services Fraser has recommended.
For more information, contact a Fraser Intake Coordinator at 612-767-7222.